Strikeforce - Carano vs. Cyborg









August 15, 2009
HP Pavilion,
San Jose, Calif.

Strikeforce Female 145-Pound Championship
Gina Carano (+160) vs. Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos (-185)
I gotta admit that I have never watched a full female MMA fight. I am not opposed to female MMA but I guess I just can't get quite into it. In any event, everything i have seen and read tells me that Cyborg is an animal and will tear Gina apart. Sex appeal aside i'm going with Cyborg on this one.
Prediction: Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos


Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Championship
Renato "Babalu" Sobral (+180) vs. Gegard Mousasi (-220)
I've seen a lot of Babalu and he just doesn't do it for me. He has an impressive record but Mousasi is the next big thing in this division and I think Babalu will make a fine stepping stone for him.
Prediction: Gegard Mousasi


Strikeforce Lightweight Championship
Gilbert Melendez (-210) vs. Mitsuhiro Ishida (+175)
I haven't seen Ishida fight since his days in PRIDE but he really impressed me whenever i caught his fights. His wrestling is fantastic and he may be a bit of a lay and pray artist so while I will argue his style, I will not argue his right to use it. If Melendez can keep it standing I like his chances but I see this going to the ground and a decision.
Prediction: Mitsuhiro Ishida


Fabricio Werdum (-550) vs. Mike Kyle (+425)
Werdum has a lot of potential but had a tough go of it in the UFC. I think he can only get better and I barely remember the name Mike Kyle and I will assume that is for good reason.
Prediction: Fabricio Werdum


Jay Hieron (-180) vs. Jesse Taylor (+150)
I'm just thinking along the line on this one. Haven't seen either of these guys but Hieron has provided a great little piece for GSP's highlight reel when he got destroyed with punches. Nevertheless, i'm going with Hieron on this one.
Prediction: Jay Hieron

0 comments:

Post a Comment